Athen Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Forum For Athen Players

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Hey There ! Very Happy Welcome To The Forums!
This Is The Official Chat Zone For Different Games We Play Drop In And Join Us Razz

Int Tanker Guide

Go down 
AuthorMessage
WonChop

WonChop

Int Tanker Guide Empty
PostSubject: Int Tanker Guide   Int Tanker Guide EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 6:19 pm

TABLE OF CONTENTS
Section I – Introduction
Section II – Races
Section III – Stats
Section IV – Weapons
Section V – Equipments
Section VI – Recommended Path
A. Fighter
B. Guard
C. Infantryman
D. Phalanx
E. Crusader
F. Magnus

I. INTRODUCTION

So to start off, what is an INT tank? Well, basically INT tanks are very much the same as all tanks out there, be it STR or VIT. The only difference is that INT tanks are magical users and not physical users. They can do massive AoE damage using Holy Avenger while tanking the mobs. INT tanks can level faster in early levels than other normal tanks provided that player is well-funded and has a decent MATK to start with. You are basically a mage and a tank in one package. Although INT tanks have a weaker output than a mage, it can still do decent damage. You can also be considered as a DPS in your early levels.

INT Tanks are high-maintenance. Unlike mages, they don't have any Bloodstream which can replenish our MP. Their skills eat a lot of MP and that means higher MP pots expenses. INT sets will be a bit expensive for those people aiming for haxxor damage. But fortunately, even without having INT sets they deal decent damage.

INT Tanks are fun to use If you ever try this, you will definitely get hooked. Live it, learn it, love it!

II. RACES

So anyway, what race will you choose for an INT tank? The answer is Elf. So why go elf? That’s because elves are cuter than humans in every single way (no offense to humans). Peace!

3 Reasons Why Going Elf is Better
1. Elves get two passive skills namely- Nature’s Mind and Nature’s Shield, which increase MDEF and PDEF, respectively. Going human on the other hand is bad because you get Burning Rage which increases your PATK. Although the two buffs you get from elves don’t do that much, having them is way better than having Burning Rage which is totally useless for INT tanks.

2. All the tank classes are not race-specified classes therefore elves can get them. Going human means you have access to Mercenary, Gladiator, and Destroyer. As an INT tank, you cannot choose any of these three because these are PATK users and they don’t have defensive skills nor anything which will make you a better INT Tank.

3. At level 105, you can choose either of the two classes- Crusader or Magnus. Crusader can be chosen by both races. Magnus on the other hand is only for elves. They get PvP skills like Spirit Swords and Auras which will increase your tanking capabilities. They also have Dual-Wield Expertise which can let them use two weapons. That means more MATK for you.

III. STATS

I'm sure you know what stat to put Put those stat points to INT for maximum damage and maximum heal (And yes, INT affects your healing capabilities). Your First Aid skill won’t seem effective (unless you have a really high MATK) until it reaches level 6 but it is SPAMMABLE.

IV. WEAPONS

INT tanks can use all types of weapons, be it a sword, a mace, an axe, or a wand. Most of the INT tank uses a wand since it has a lot of MATK. Some swords like Bloody Scimitar have high MATK, and of course PATK too, which in turn, can be used for physical AoE damage (Bloody Sky) while Holy Avenger is cooling down.

You can basically use any type of weapon as long as it has decent MATK on it once you are using Holy Avenger and Holy Spear. But I recommend using a sword with a high MATK for these are easier to find in-game than maces and axes. Plus, you get PATK, too. Wands are fine as long as you don't need any PATK.

V. EQUIPMENTS

In early levels (levels 1-50), you really don’t need to invest so much on your gears. NPC gears are fine. Mobs on that level bracket don’t hit that much and therefore, you can tank them easily. Furthermore, there are a lot of repeatables for you to do so leveling will be easy. Only invest on gears which you will be using for a long time.

Most people usually just use crafted equipments starting at level 55 because it gives a max bonus of +18. Then they change it every 10 levels or so OR whenever they need to.

Anyway, as an INT tank, you won’t be needing STR on your gears because it will be useless. There are only two stats to choose from and it is either INT or VIT. VIT sets are pretty cheap since they are easy to get but INT sets will be very expensive. It is highly recommended to get VIT sets if you can’t tank well. INT crafted gears are just bonus, IMO. You don’t need to balance your MATK and PDEF. Remember that you are a tank and your primary role is to tank. Make sure you are able to tank the mobs you are grinding on before you improve your MATK. It doesn’t look good if you have a high MATK but squishy as hell. As for the saying goes “The best defense is the best offense.”

One more thing about INT Tanks is you need to have at least 3-4 HC accessories. Fighter's base INT is like 30 points less than a Mage so INT Tanks really need that MATK boost.

As for the costumes, I recommend you to get two costumes, one for soloing and one for tanking. But you won't be needing the 2nd costume until you reach Mosquito which will be after you job change at level 75.

What Costumes?
1. Mage Perm
~~~ Honky Tonky, Samurai, Empress, Devil's Child, Rainy, Faith, Chipao, Medic, Chef, and Cowboy

This will be your 1st perm for it will help you with your damage. Since INT Tanks, like I said before, are not as powerful as mages they need all the INT and MATK boost they can get in order to do good.

2. Tank Perm
~~~ Fish and Royal

So why get a tank perm? As an INT Tank, your PDEF and HP will be a lot lower than a VIT Tank and that is why you will be needing this perm so you can compensate the lost PDEF and HP for being a pure INT. As stated above, you'll be needing this perm once you reach Mosquito at level 75-ish. A tank needs at least 8k HP and 2.4k PDEF in order to survive. This is a must!

*****Maybe you are thinking it is expensive to have two perm but trust me it's better than sticking to only one of those. I have a Rainy and a Royal and it really helps. When I get tired of Mosquito I just use my Rainy and go grind at Valley of Fairy and when I feel like going Mosquito I just take off my Rainy and use my Royal. Its really hassle, but it works

Just think about it like a Mage. Let's say a Mage has all the support skills in case it wants to party but on the other hand it also has attacking skills if it wants to solo.

VI. RECOMMENDED PATH

Fighter > Guard > Infantryman > Phalanx > Crusader

Fighter > Guard > Infantryman > Phalanx > Magnus

This is a pure path until Phalanx and it doesn’t focus much on PvP-ing. This gives you maximum PDEF and HP you need for tanking mobs. You also get PDEF and HP vocational passives. Here is as follows:

Job Passives
Guard > +1% PDEF, +1% HP
Infantryman > +3% PDEF, +3% HP
Phalanx > +6% PDEF, +6% HP
Crusader > +10% PDEF, +10% HP, +3 Accuracy
Magnus > +10% PDEF, 10% HP, +30 Critical Rate

Take note that you don't total the additional passives you get. What you see is what you get (assuming you are following my path).

A. Fighter

This is the 1st class. You are a Fighter. Not much to say. XD

~Skills~
1. Strike Attack (1) – A skill which damages and poisons the target.
2. One-Handed Training (5) – A passive skill which increases PATK when using 1-handed weapons.
3. Enhanced HP (5) – A passive skill which increases max HP.
4. Sword Training (5) – A passive skill which increases PATK when using swords.
5. Nature’s Shield (1) – A skill which increases PDEF while draining your MP.

**The reason why Fighter’s Heart and Warrior Form are not included is because it really won’t give you that much PATK boost. You’ll just be wasting SP.

B. Guard

They say going Guard is useless. You only get PDEF buffs which don’t really help that much. But for an INT tank, it is important because Warrior’s skills are totally useless for it. You’ll get PATK buffs which will be useless to you once you reach 3rd class. The reason why you go Guard instead of Warrior is because of the Job Passives (please refer to Job Passives written above).

Guard is a lot weaker and lamer than Warrior. It doesn't have that much boost to your character. It's like you're still a Fighter but with a Guard's title. XD But yeah, it's just for 20 levels anyway. Guards are N-O-I-C-E, regardless of what people say, remember that!

~Skills~
1. Bloody Sky (5) – Max this skill because this will be your 1st AoE until you reach 3rd job. It has a weak output but it helps a lot when you are waiting for your Holy Avenger to cooldown.
2. Strike Attack (Up to you but DO NOT max it) – This will be your attacking skill before reaching 3rd job. It is not recommended to max it because you’ll waste SP and you won’t be using it that much in 3rd job.
3. Blunt Shield (Up to you) – A skill which needs a shield to use. Has a chance to stun a target. Chances to stun increase per level.
4. Blessing Guard (2) – A self-buff that increases PDEF.
5. Blood Leak (2) – A passive skill which increases HP regeneration when your HP drops to a certain %.
6. Enhanced HP (10) – A passive skill which increases max HP.
7. Heavy Armor Expertise (5) – A passive skill which increases PDEF while wearing heavy armors.
8. Shield Training (5) – A passive skill which increases PDEF while using a shield.
9. One-Handed Training (5) – A passive skill which increases PATK when using 1-handed weapons.
10. Sword Training (5) – A passive skill which increases PATK when using swords.
11. Nature’s Shield (2) – A skill which increases PDEF while draining your MP.

**Okay, maybe you are wondering why I choose sword among the three choices. Why a sword? Why not a mace or an axe? The answer lies in their MATK. Rare maces and axes don’t give that much MATK compare to some rare swords like Bloody Scimitar and Damned Wizard’s Blade. Although Athena’s Mithril Hammer has a nice MATK, that would still be at level 82. Plus, you also need a bit of PATK for Bloody Sky to do decent damage.

*****REMEMBER, DO NOT LEARN SWORD TRAINING AND ONE-HAND TRAINING IF YOU ARE GOING TO USE A WAND.

C. Infantryman

This is where the fun starts. You get more PDEF passives and buffs which will help you tank mobs. This is also the point where you learn your three primary skills- Holy Avenger, Holy Spear, and First Aid. You can tank almost anything below level 75. Make sure you update your equips as often as possible to attain the highest possible PDEF.

Partying also starts here... well, sorta. Mobs like Zakandia Mines 2F mobs, Giants, Cyclops, and Ogres have at least trice the HP of the weaker mobs so some people will want to party to kill them faster. They also hit hard so tanks are wanted, well.. sometimes.

It might be quite difficult to get parties in lower level due to mobs' low HP and so on but as you level, you'll notice people will need a tank especially squishy classes like Sorcerer and Mercenary. If ever you have a low MATK don't worry about too much. I myself had a low MATK until i reached late 60s. Low MATK doesnt mean you suck. You can use Holy Avenger to finish what your partymate (assuming you have one) has started. No worries, Infantrymen are C-O-O-L!

~Skills~
1. Blunt Shield (Up to you) - A skill which needs a shield to use. Has a chance to stun a target. Chances to stun increase per level.
2. Holy Avenger (10) – A skill which requires you to sacrifice HP to damage all target surrounding you. Its damage is based on your MATK.
3. Holy Spear (Up to you) – An MATK-based 1v1 skill.
4. Attract Circle (10) – A skill which lures mobs to you.
5. Attract (1) – A skill which attracts a mob to you. Use this in case one mob got out of your Attract Circle and lure it back to you or use it to lure a lone mob.
6. Blessing Guard (4) – A self-buff that increases PDEF.
7. Solid Shield (1) – A buff which increases your blocking rate.
8. Shield Barrier (2) – A skill which greatly increases your PDEF and MDEF for a short amount of time. Your movement speed will decrease while using this.
9. Nature’s Mind (1) – A skill which increases MDEF while draining your MP.
10. First Aid (1) – A skill which heals your HP. Casting time is as fast as Fast Heal but the healing is half as bad. Requires a lot of money to level and the effect of healing is only noticeable at level 6.
11. Blood Leak (4) – A passive skill which increases HP regeneration when your HP drops to a certain %.
12. Enhanced HP (15) – A passive skill which increases max HP.
13. Heavy Armor Expertise (10) – A passive skill which increases PDEF while wearing heavy armors.
14. Shield Training (10) – A passive skill which increases PDEF while using a shield.
15. One-Handed Training (10) – A passive skill which increases PATK when using 1-handed weapons.
16. Sword Training (10) – A passive skill which increases PATK when using swords.
17. Troopership (2) – A passive skill which increases PDEF.
18. Magic Barrier (5) – A passive skill which increases MDEF.

*****This is the time where you always use your MATK skills. You can go solo without worrying about killing slowly. Mobs below level 75 don’t hit that much anyway (except Ogre Shamans), so crafted VIT set (clean) should be enough for you to tank them.

Holy Avenger and Holy Strike can be chosen not to max because first of all, Holy Avenger only gives +4 and +5 base damage alternately per level and HP sacrificed is quite a lot. Max it only if you have a high MATK so you won't waste anything. Same goes for First Aid.

D. Phalanx

This is the 2nd best tanking class in Luna. Almost every class get their defenses from Phalanx although it's not as powerful as the other classes in terms of offense but Phalanxes still rock! You are the most wanted class once you reach 75 and sometimes people will want to pay you to tank for them. Who says tanks suck? They are A-W-E-S-O-M-E!

*****From this point onwards, you might want to switch to VIT since you’ll be tanking Mosquitos until 102. They hit hard, not to mention their killer bleeds. If you can have the HP and PDEF of a VIT tank, then you may stay INT for the sake of your First Aid skill. Plus, staying INT means that you can solo weaker mobs in case you got tired of Mosquito.But it's up to you, both stats are good. It only depends on your preferences.

~Skills~
1. Heavy Armor Expertise (20) – A passive skill which increases PDEF while wearing heavy armors.
2. Shield Training (15) – A passive skill which increases PDEF while using a shield.
3. Troopership (4) – A passive skill which increases PDEF.
4. Blessing Guard (6) – A self-buff that increases PDEF.
5. Nature’s Shield (2) – A skill which increases PDEF while draining your MP.
6. Enhanced HP (20) – A passive skill which increases max HP.
7. First Aid (10) – A skill which heals your HP.
8. Attract Circle (12 or higher) – A skill which lures mobs to you.
9. Holy Avenger (20) – A skill which requires you to sacrifice HP to damage all target surrounding you.
10. Holy Spear (20) – An MATK-based 1v1 skill.
11. Solid Shield (3) – A buff which increases your blocking rate.
12. Mace Protection (20) - A passive skill which increases your PDEF (.5% per level) and +1 VIT for every 2 levels after rank 10.
13. Invulnerable (1) - A skill which protects you from any damage for a few seconds. Cannot move while using.
14. Blood Leak (6) - A passive skill which increases HP regeneration when your HP drops to a certain %.
15. Relaxation (2) - A passive skill which increases HP regeneration.
16. Blunt Shield (20) - A skill which needs a shield to use. Has a chance to stun a target. Chances to stun increase per level.
17. Shield Barrier (4) - A skill which greatly increases your PDEF and MDEF for a short amount of time. Your movement speed will decrease while using this.

*****Ok, now that you are offically a Phalanx, you can get rid some of the useless skills you learned from the previous classes. You won't have enough SP to learn everything that you want so once you have used the Reskill make sure you have calculated everything. You cannot afford any mistakes here. Remember to MAX OUT ALL PDEF PASSIVES AND BUFFS before anything else.

Follow what I have enumerated because those are the most important skills you must learn (numbers 1-12). Assuming you are still an INT Tank, max out HA, HS, and FA but if you switched VIT then it's up to you. Once you have done so, you can level up the rest of your skills like Blunt Shield for PvP purposes.

E. Crusader

A class that can tank and DPS is the Crusader. This class unlocks 3 more additional MATK skills and an MATK buff which is like you have Tarintus' set bonus.

F. Magnus

Your other choice will be a Magnus. Magnus doesn't have all the MATK skills and buffs a Crusader can offer but that doesn't make Magnus a fail class. In exchange for the lost MATK skills and buffs, a Magnus can get PvP skills and debuffs. They also another healing spell (more than enough but it still works).

But aside from the two points mentioned, there is one reason why going Magnus is worth the shot. The reason behind it is Magnus' Dual-Wieling Expertise skill.

a. 18 VIT + 25 VIT Kadesh Plate
b. 16 VIT + 25 INT Phoenix Gloves
c. 13 VIT + 21 VIT Phoenix Boots
d. 12 + 28 INT Yoma's Circlet
e. +7 Skeleton Shield
f. Athena's Hammer (for Mace Protection)
g. 370 HP Necklace
h. Royal Regal Costume
Back to top Go down

Int Tanker Guide
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Athen Gaming :: Game Discussion :: Game Guides :: Fighter-
Jump to: